The Assessment and Resource Service (ARS) System of Care is an integrated and cohesive group of local community not-for-profit Employee Family Assistance Programs. From Vancouver Island to the Atlantic Provinces, each community ARS forms partnerships with member organizations to improve the well being of their employees resulting in improved productivity, decreased absenteeism, increased workplace morale and a reduction in substance abuse. Whatever the size of the employee group, the ARS System of Care offers a progressive employee benefit program that is geared toward building strong relationships of care and service from the first phone call to the final closing counselling session.
To ensure lasting success for both employees and employers, our priorities are prevention through education and early intervention, full assessment and referral, if required, and quality cost-effective and integrated services. The ARS System of Care follows a client from the assessment and treatment stage to after care and follow up. We care what happens to our clients because we know that they are someone's neighbor or friend, or a local teacher with their teenager, or someone who has been laid off and needs some support and compassion. They are community members that matter to us because we live here, and we are committed to giving the best service we can when they reach out for help. Oh, by the way, there is no limit on the number of sessions a person can have. The counsellor and and client work together to decide on how many sessions are required.
There are so many ways that the ARS System of Care is different and unique. We are an organization that is community-based and cares about the people and companies we serve. We provide a full service package that organizations can rely on and their employees can call on anytime. We are here to serve you.
Feel free to contact us at 604-485-2800 or info [at] prars [dot] ca.
Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and Assessment and Resource Services (ARS):
The EFAP/ARS model is a unique, community-based partnership of local employers, employees, and affiliated unions. We have several distinct and essential characteristics:
- A non-profit service owned and operated at the community level by those it serves - the labour, union and management components of the workplace.
- No limit to the number of sessions per individual or family.
- Services are accessed on a voluntary basis.
- Includes a broad range of prevention, intervention and wellness services.
- An affordable, proactive, prevention-focused employee benefit program located away from the workplace.
- Offers confidential services to all employees, retirees, and dependent family members.
- EFAP Representatives (designated employees at member workplaces) are trained to promote use of the counselling services and employee wellness.